Join us for our Annual
CSBC Gives Back event!
Date = Wednesday, October 18th, 2017
Time = 8:00 AM – 11:30 AM
**All participants are required to register and sign up for the event at:
Just click the link, click “Sign In” at the top right, and then create a profile or enter your username and password.**
Once logged in, please scroll down to our BIASC group registration on October 18th.
*A light breakfast will be provided before volunteering begins*
Directions and Parking
- Directions found at this link - just click "Map and directions to Second Harvest Food Bank"
- Parking directions at this link - just click "Volunteer Parking Map"
- Please plan to arrive 10 – 15 minutes prior to the start of the shift to allow time for all volunteers to check in and begin on time.
What to Wear and Expect
- Closed-toed shoes are required
- The temperature in the distribution center is similar to the temperature outside. We recommend wearing comfortable clothing accordingly.
The Impact of Your Volunteer Experience
- Volunteers are the heart and soul of Second Harvest. You bring our mission to life and make up the equivalent of ~40% of our workforce – we literally cannot accomplish our mission without you!
- Help us in our mission to end hunger in Orange County by sorting and packaging donated food items in our food distribution center
- All food is ultimately distributed to individuals and families in need in Orange County
- Together we are creating a future in which no one goes hungry. Ever.
Food and Monetary Donations
- If you would like to bring your own food donations to your volunteer event, our current, most-needed shelf-stable items are:
- peanut butter
- canned meat
- canned fruit
- cereal (hot or cold)
- Monetary donations of any size are greatly appreciated! 90 cents of every $1 goes toward our programs, and $1 can provide 3 meals. Click HERE if you would like to make a donation. Thank you for your support!